Monday, December 31, 2012

Preparing for the New Year

We are staying home tonight.  To celebrate we will cook a few of our favorite things in small amounts.  Sort of a tasting menu starting with six oysters, broiled with a topping of parmesan and bread crumbs.  Nancy likes to add a little wilted spinach.  I'll eat one raw just to prove I can.

Next a few cold shrimp with cocktail sauce .  We have an avocado salad (avocado, tomato and scallions) and a  fresh baguette.  Meanwhile meat is roasting in the oven.

It is a small rack of lamb, just 4 chops, but a big taste.  The rack is coated in a mix of mustard and olive oil and then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs.  The rack is roasted in a hot oven for about 20 minutes. 

Add one bottle of cold American champagne and that's my celebration.

I appreciate all of you and hope each and every one has a safe New Year's Eve. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Gene. What time should we come over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I hear about someone eating raw oysters I am reminded of the story I heard while I was in college.


    Seems this young man was pledging some fraternity. The mild hazing included swallowing live goldfish and raw oysters. Septin' they tied a string through the raw oyster and pulled it back up wonst it were swallered. I am saying they would not have had to pull very hard if'n I'da been doin the swallerin.

    ReplyDelete

All points of view are welcome, but comments with excessive bad language and/or personal attacks will be deleted. Commenting on posts older than 5 days has been disabled.