Lots of fanfare - not much substance. A few comments.
#4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Isn't the Attorney General the very person who let all those Fast and Furious guns slip through the cracks into the hands of individuals prohibited from having a gun?
#7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
Isn't this exactly what the NRA has been doing the last 50 years?
#9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Except for those guns sold as part of a Justice Department/ Eric Holder/ATF firearm relocation program to Mexican drug cartels resulting in more than 300 civilian deaths.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
Why do we need one? Oh yea - see #9
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Except when Washing left-wing journalists named David Gregory are involved.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
Isn't this the NRA suggestion that was widely criticized?
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Find out why the country was crazy enough to re-elect this elitist statist hack politician.