Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mugged

$1 IN CUTS FOR EVERY $41 IN TAXES.

There is no point in being a Republican any longer.  Next time I'm downtown, I changing my registration.

Krauthammer: Cliff deal 'surrender'.

 The U.S. Budget for Dummies that has been going around the internet.
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

6 comments:

  1. And how can the lawmakers (and spenders of YOUR taxes) say it is not a spending problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene,

    I get what the The "U.S. Budget for Dummies" example is saying but don't they understate, at least, the [National Debt] figure? Unless I'm not understang something I thought that it now amounts to >$16,500,000,000,000. That, of course, doesn't change the overall, sage point being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JonBerg,

      I think you are right. That example has been floating around a bit and the debt is going up really fast.

      Delete
  3. term limits--it continually disrupts their plans and the money flow. It doesn't do much good to "groom" a guy who leaves before he's trained to effectiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Next time I'm downtown, I changing my registration."

    To what? Maybe I'll give it a shot, too.

    Makes you wish there really was a "Beam me up, Scotty."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, your pretend family budget doesn't account for voluntarily reducing income, sending Junior on expensive, repeated overseas trip and buying grampa the finest medical care available.

    ReplyDelete

All points of view are welcome, but comments with excessive bad language and/or personal attacks will be deleted. Commenting on posts older than 5 days has been disabled.