Thursday, February 28, 2013

Army Wives

I am a big fan of streaming video.  It's low cost compared to cable or satellite.  Both Amazon and Netflix are good deals.You can watch what you want when you want it.  There are lots of TV shows available and best of all no commercials.

I've been watching the first season of Army Wives.  Make no mistake - this is a continuing series that is more soapy and sudsy than any daytime drama.  It is maudlin, and full of clichés.  And yet...

It is entertaining And -

Pro Country
Pro Army
Pro family
Pro marriage
Pro life
and pro God



How did it ever make it seven seasons?  Give it a try if you have never seen it.

1 comment:

  1. Karen and I got caught up in it, too, Gene (more Karen than me -- I'm forever picking it apart, military-wise.)

    The very first thing that 'WOWED' me was the enlisted wives hobnobbing with the officer wives -- especially, flag officers! I told Karen that things sure must have changed. I later asked a young woman, who had recently spent 12 years as an enlisted wife, about it. After she finished laughing, she told me that I was correct -- that HAD NOT changed.

    Picky, picky, picky.

    ReplyDelete

All points of view are welcome, but comments with excessive bad language and/or personal attacks will be deleted. Commenting on posts older than 5 days has been disabled.