Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Smart power/smart diplomacy"

Great round up over at Ace of Spades.  I couldn't even try to do it better, so go read the whole thing.


"But even if I were convinced that Syria-bombing was exactly what was needed, I would still never put it into the hands of this particular collection of clowns, blowhards, naïve radicals, preening narcissists, high-functioning retards, and generally clueless-but-arrogant space-wasters. Hell some of these people I'd be nervous even trusting to pick up my mail and feed my pets while I was on vacation."




'To my knowledge, I have no knowledge' -- The Best Tweets During the Kerry-Hagel Buttfumble Briefing on Syria

5 comments:

  1. That conference room picture is scaaaarrry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They managed to get Bin Laden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a broken watch displays the correct time at least once a day --- no credit to the watch.

      Delete
  3. In your world, gmw, LBJ was right when he said, ``If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read `President can't swim.' ''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard that quote by LBJ, that's cute.
      The point I was making is valid and I am doubting your implied assumption that it was the skill and dedication of the assembled administrators that orchestrated the intelligence gathering, assembled the warriors and expended the sweat and blood to accomplish the mission.
      Administrators function primarily as gatekeepers and from many accounts, these gatekeepers delayed opening that door.
      Back to the valid point: Facts related by proximity of time and space are not necessarily causative. That our security has been enhanced by the removal of Bin Laden during this administration, does not necessarily prove competence.

      Delete

All points of view are welcome, but comments with excessive bad language and/or personal attacks will be deleted. Commenting on posts older than 5 days has been disabled.